Story: Manawatū and Horowhenua places
Two pairs of massive pipes descend to the Mangahao hydroelectric power station, shown shortly after its completion in 1924. They are bringing water from the east-flowing Mangahao River to the station site, which is on the west-flowing Mangaore stream.
About this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.