Story: Energy supply and use
Cabling was an essential part of electricity reticulation, and once installed required regular upgrading and repair work. In this photograph, probably taken in the 1930s, a cable is jointed near King’s Wharf, Auckland. King’s Wharf was the location of the city’s second electric power station, opened in 1913.
About this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, Making New Zealand Centennial Collection (PAColl-3060)
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.