Story: Volcanic Plateau region
Rotorua Hospital (originally King George V Convalescent Hospital, renamed in 1934) sits on Pukeroa Hill, behind Ōhinemutu village. The hospital is built on land gifted to the Crown by the Ngāti Whakaue people of Ōhinemutu.
About this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Shirley Williams
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.