Story: Te Āti Awa of Wellington

Te Aro Park

Te Aro Park

Te Aro Park in central Wellington (between Manners and Dixon streets) marks part of the site of the major , Te Aro. The park, designed by ceramics artist Shona Rapira Davies, is in the shape of a canoe, with the prow on the extreme right of the photograph.

About this item

Wellington City Archives
Reference: 00517:6:1480-B7

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

How to cite this page:

Morris Love. 'Te Āti Awa of Wellington - After 1840', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, updated 15-Nov-12
URL: http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/1288/te-aro-park